Month: February 2019

It shouldn’t be long until Volkswagen allows journalists to experience the new T-Roc R in production form, but before that happens they have allowed Autogefuhl to take a closer look at the near-production study in the studio, so let’s see if it makes a good first impression. The German group’s second fast compact crossover after
0 Comments
Each 2019 BMW X6 comes with a number of luxury features and a large infotainment screen, though true luxury options get expensive fast. The options list was simplified last year, and we’ve seen fit to give this unconventional crossover SUV 8 out of 10 for its feature set. It gets points for its good standard
0 Comments
Certified pre-owned vehicle sales topped 2.7 million units last year, a rise of 2.1 percent over 2017, according to the Automotive News Data Center. It marked an eighth-straight year of record sales. Zo Rahim, research manager for Cox Automotive, sees 2019 as potentially a ninth record-breaking year: Cox is forecasting sales of 2.75 million units.
0 Comments
When BMW and Daimler announced a €1bn (£880m) partnership last week to develop a suite of “mobility services” together, it was a clear sign of how the auto industry had changed. For one thing, the German giants – who plan to work on driverless vehicles, ride-hailing, and pay-per-use cars together – are normally fierce rivals
0 Comments
By Eric Ralph Posted on February 27, 2019 The most viable competitor to SpaceX’s Starlink Internet constellation has completed a demonstration launch, placing the first six OneWeb satellites in a circular orbit 1000 km (620 mi) above Earth. Designed as a constellation of approximately 650-900 satellites, OneWeb aims to provide uninterrupted Internet access across the
0 Comments
Teslas are also about spare design and That Screen. The Polestar 2 counters with Scandinavian heritage that’s unmistakable inside and out, and Volvo’s beloved Sensus screen grows to 11.0 inches here. But unlike its Volvo cousins, Polestar’s infotainment system is powered by an Android operating system running Google Automotive Services—a claimed industry first. This is
0 Comments
FRANKFURT — Volkswagen said on Wednesday it had struck a deal with Microsoft to cooperate on cloud computing in China and the United States, as part of its drive to offer connected vehicle services across the globe. By allowing vehicles to tap Microsoft’s remote computer processors via the cloud, Volkswagen can offer its customers personalized
0 Comments
Renault has topped the 200,000 mark for sales of electric vehicles in Europe, meaning almost one electric vehicle in every three sold is a Renault. At the same time, it has crossed a symbolic milestone in France with 100,000 vehicles registered. Renault continues to lead the European electric vehicle market for the fourth consecutive year
0 Comments
The Polestar 2, from Volvo’s stand-alone electrified brand, will offer a 500-km (311 mile) range from its 402-hp all-wheel-drive battery-driven powertrain in a bid to challenge the Tesla Model 3 for leadership in the fledgling niche for more-affordable emissions-free travel. “Polestar 2 is our first fully electric car and first volume model,” Polestar CEO Thomas
0 Comments
The 2019 Lexus LC pulls cues from some of the world’s greatest sports cars and its chassis engineers should be commended, but the big coupe suffers from an identity crisis. We give it 8 out of 10 for performance, awarding it points for its ride quality, its solid powertrains, and its good handling. It’d do
0 Comments
Industry pressures also impact the retail side. Dealers are seeing markets consolidate and sales margins decline. That’s why the human capital side of the automotive equation has become more critical than ever to the industry’s success. In looking at the dealers who made it through the recession, a common theme in their resilience is how
0 Comments
The Lamborghini Huracan Evo debuted earlier this year as a refreshed version of the Huracan LP 580. Now, the automaker is back with a drop-top version for the Geneva Motor Show. Like the coupe, the Lamborghini Huracan Evo Spyder makes 630 hp and 443 lb-ft of torque from a 5.2-liter naturally aspirated V-10 engine. The
0 Comments
SAN FRANCISCO – It’s a mystery: Who, exactly, is Elon Musk’s Twitter Sitter? And what the heck is he or she thinking? Tesla Inc. has declined to identify the in-house lawyer who is supposed to watch over Musk’s prodigious — and legally contentious — tweeting habits. Now that the billionaire is once again courting trouble with
0 Comments
Volkswagen Group established a joint venture with China’s largest ride-hailing operator, Didi Chuxing, to develop technologies for ride-hailing fleets. The 64 million-yuan ($9.6 million) partnership was incorporated in Shanghai’s suburban Jiading district in December. The new company is 60 percent owned by Didi, with the remaining 40 percent held by VW’s China investment subsidiary, according
0 Comments